It was lovely to see so many of you at the K-3 vocal music concert yesterday morning. I think the students performed beautifully and am grateful to Mr. Behrendt for his efforts and energy in providing us with a glimpse of our children’s vocal music education. I am excited for next week’s instrumental music concert by the 4th and 5th graders graders on Tuesday, May 1, at 7 pm in Ellen Driscoll and look forward to seeing many of you there.
The Spring Fling gala on Friday night was very fun and successful in raising much-needed funds for our 3 elementary schools. Thank you to all of you who volunteered at, donated to, and/or attended the gala and to all of you who worked tirelessly on all of the activities and events associated with Spring Fling. In particular, thank you to our Havens Spring Fling Coordinator Teebie Saunders, the many other Havens parents on the Spring Fling Committee, and all of the families who contributed to the 2 Havens baskets for the silent auction. We’re very grateful.
Back by popular demand, we will have another Pizza Pop-Up in May! Havens parents Charlene Reis and Paul Arenstam of Summer Kitchen Bake Shop have generously offered to have a second pizza fundraiser specifically for Havens. Details below:
Summer Kitchen Pop-Up at Havens
- Pick up your order when you pick up the kids and dinner is done!
- Menu includes half-baked pizzas, salads and chicken tenders.
- Order online before Monday, May 14, and pick up after school at Havens on Tuesday, May 15. They will take orders until they sell out (which they did with the pilot) possibly before May 14, so order early!
- 15% of every order will go directly to Havens Elementary.
- To order, go to https://summer-kitchen-pop- up.myshopify.com
Please remember to attend our last regular HPC meeting of the 2017-2018 school year on Thursday, May 3, at 8:35 am in Ellen Driscoll. A few Havens teachers will be our guest speakers that morning to provide us with helpful tips and strategies to avoid the “summer slide/slump,” and we will also conduct important end-of-the-year business, including the proposed spending of some of our reserves to address critical PUSD funding requests.
Thanks and Happy May,