Great to see such a huge crowd at the instrumental music concert by the 4th and 5th graders last night. The students performed so well (and I’m objective since I don’t have a 4th or 5th grader!), and I am impressed with how far the program has come in the last couple years. Thanks to our instrumental music instructors Shauna Revelli, Heather King, and Robin Eig, and a special thank you to Havens parent Rebecca Thornborrow for volunteering her time every week to help with the classes.
Next Tuesday, May 8, is Teacher Appreciation Day at Havens. Please send your child to school with a flower or two (store bought or home grown) to present to his or her teacher. Parent volunteers will help gather the flowers together and arrange beautiful bouquets for the teachers. The HPC Hospitality Team will also provide a wonderful lunch for the entire staff with the help of some of you who have graciously volunteered to bring a salad or dessert. Thanks in advance for your support.
Don’t forget to order your dinner-to-go with our May Pizza Pop-Up! Havens parents Charlene Reis and Paul Arenstam of Summer Kitchen Bake Shop have generously offered to have a second pizza fundraiser specifically for Havens. Details below:
Summer Kitchen Pop-Up at Havens
- Pick up your order when you pick up the kids and dinner is done!
- Menu includes half-baked pizzas, salads and chicken tenders.
- Order online before Monday, May 14, and pick up after school at Havens on Tuesday, May 15. They will take orders until they sell out (which they did with the pilot) possibly before May 14, so order early!
- 15% of every order will go directly to Havens Elementary.
- To order, go to https://summer-kitchen-pop- up.myshopify.com
Finally, I look forward to seeing you at our last regular HPC meeting of the 2017-2018 school year tomorrow, Thursday, May 3, at 8:35 am in Ellen Driscoll. Teacher specialists Jessica Roine and Karen Keller, and teacher librarian Laura Remer will be our guest speakers to provide us with helpful tips and strategies to avoid the “summer slide/slump.” We will also conduct important end-of-the-year business, including the proposed spending of some of our reserves to address critical PUSD funding requests. Please join us.
Thanks and see you tomorrow morning,